Gisborne is the place for adventure—surfing, swimming, white water rafting, horse trekking, jet boating, trout fishing, quad biking, deep-sea fishing and more...
Gisborne Activity Highlights Overview
Gisborne is a popular tourist destination, surrounded by ocean and beautiful white-sand beaches. Relax on a beach, swim between the flags, surf the incredible surf breaks or take a charter fishing trip to the outer reefs.
The surf here is internationally famous—ideal for learners and professionals alike.
You can be daring in Gisborne, or you can just pull up a chair and sip the local wine.
- Swim with Blue and Mako sharks in a specially designed snorkeling cage
- Go surfing — a local surf guide will take you to where the waves are
- Visit the wineries — Gisborne is recognised as the Chardonnay Capital of New Zealand
- Catch a fishing charter — experience the great sea fishing that Eastland is famous for
- Trout fishing in outlying rivers — grab a guide and hit the riverbank
- Saddle up and go horse trekking over farmland trails and along beaches
Other activities include:
- White water rafting
- Canoeing, kayaking
- Freedom camping
- Quad biking
Gisborne is a popular tourist destination and offers a wide range of accommodation options:
- Gisborne Apartments
- Gisborne Motels
- Gisborne Hotels
- Gisborne Bed and Breakfasts
- Gisborne Campsites and Holiday Parks
View more Gisborne Accommodation options.
Useful Gisborne Links
To help plan your Gisborne holiday choose from the main categories below:
- Gisborne Accommodation
- Gisborne Tours
- Gisborne Attractions and Activities
- Gisborne Transport
- Gisborne Dining
- Gisborne Shopping
- Gisborne Visitor Information
Gisborne Region Information
Key information and facts about the Gisborne region.
Major activities and attractions in the Gisborne region.