What goes into achieving Qualmark?
- Qualmark assessments are completed once a year by business experts at the location of the business.
- Assessments take approximately four hours to complete.
- The system is based on providing standards for quality tourism experiences in New Zealand. This includes assessment in:
- Customer service
- Standard of facilities
- Overall business operations
- Environmental practices
- General safety
- The assessment checks that a business has met the necessary legal, insurance and health and safety requirements.
- The system is regularly reviewed to ensure it adapts to changing industry standards and customer expectations.
The Qualmark system is made up of three distinct parts:
1. Accommodation – star grading system
2. Endorsement – for activities, transport, visitor services and tour operators
3. Qualmark Green – which recognises Qualmark businesses that perform in environmental practice
What is Qualmark Green?
Qualmark Green is an enhancement to the environmental criteria included in all Qualmark assessments. It assesses businesses in the areas of waste management, energy and water efficiency, environmental conservation and community support.
If a property scores well in this area it can apply to display a Qualmark Green Enviro-logo. Depending on the level of environmental business practices (variety and amount), one of the three green Enviro-logos will be awarded: Enviro-Gold, Enviro-Silver or Enviro-Bronze.
Finding Qualmark Businesses
Qualmark star graded and endorsed businesses can display the Qualmark logo on their website, brochures, business cards and advertising. If they are high performers in the environmental criteria they may also display a green Enviro-logo. All Qualmark businesses listed on www.newzealand.com will have a Qualmark logo shown next to their listing to clearly identify them.
For more information please contact:
Qualmark New Zealand Ltd
147 Victoria Street West
PO Box 91018