Rangitikei Activity Highlights
Rangitikei | Regional Information | Activity Highlights | Scenic Highlights | History
The lush, rural land and mountain ranges of the Rangitikei is the perfect setting for all kinds of outdoor activities and exciting things to do.
Rangitikei Activity Highlights Overview
The unique landscape Rangitikei, made up of deep gorges carved out by the Rangitikei River is a fantastic environment for adventure and activity.
Experience the exhilaration of a bungy jump or rafting on bubbling pure waters. If this sounds too challenging, you can get back to your roots with a farming activity, or take advantage of the many opportunities to walk, horse ride, fish, cycle, or play golf in quiet spaces surrounded by native bush and in a truly natural environment.
» Rangitikei Activities Directory
Things to do in Rangitikei
- Reach speed of 160kph on the most amazing flying fox in the world at Mokai Gravity Canyon
- Try your hand at gumboot throwing in Taihape—every year it's a major event
- Have fun white water rafting, kayaking and jet boating on the Rangitikei River
- Have a round of golf at one of the courses in the area
- Stay on a farm and experience the rural life first-hand
- Go on a guided trout fishing trip
- Learn about New Zealand's legends at The National Army Museum
If you're a keen cyclist, both mountain and road, the Rangitikei offers challenging rides rewarding riders with magnificent scenery along the way! Many cycle trails are set along country roads making them excellent choices for a driving exploration.
Discover the wonder of Rangitikei's heritage in our museums and historical homes and the beautiful gardens, public and private, nestled throughout the District or spend some time in inspiring art galleries.
Iconic and local events are scheduled throughout the year across the Rangitikei.
Useful Rangitikei Links
To help plan your Rangitikei holiday choose from the main categories below:
- Rangitikei Accommodation
- Rangitikei Tours
- Rangitikei Attractions and Activities
- Rangitikei Shopping
- Rangitikei Visitor Information
Rangitikei Region Information
Key information and facts about the Rangitikei region.
Major activities and attractions in the Rangitikei region.
Major natural attractions in the Rangitikei region.
History of the Rangitikei region.
Rangitikei Tourism Operators
Choose from our accommodation, attractions, tours, transport or visitor information categories below to find a tourism operator in Rangitikei.