Wellington Backpackers, New Zealand
0800 225 725
+64 4 473 8482
Address:1 Bunny Street
Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers Introduction
If you want to make the most of your stay in Wellington then make sure you choose Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers as your first choice for Wellington backpackers accommodation.
Situated directly opposite the railway station, our hostel in Wellington is ideally located, being the closest hostel to trains, buses and the inter-island ferry, the Wellington Sports Stadium, the city area and Te Papa – Wellington's fabulous Museum of New Zealand. Wellington's world-famous cable-car is also just a few minutes' walk away from our Wellington hostel.
Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers is located in Wellington's historic Art Deco Waterloo Hotel, a former high class hotel which was chosen for the Queens 1953 Coronation Tour.
This hotel was one of the top hotels in the Southern Hemisphere in its day. It is a classic example of the podium design of Art Deco architecture and is listed as historically significant by both the Historic Places Trust and the Wellington City Council.
We want Wellington to be a highlight of your New Zealand experience and we have lots of information at our Wellington backpackers hostel to help you to plan your stay.
Our Wellington Backpackers Hostel
The facilities at our hostel in Wellington are unequalled and include:
- Single and double rooms come made up with sheets, duvets, towels and guest soap
- Shared rooms are mainly four beds with a few sixes
- A fully equipped self catering kitchen with microwave, instant gas cooking, walk in cooler, pots, pans, cutlery etc
- Great showers with unlimited instant hot water
- Central heating
- Games room with three pool tables and the latest video games
- A great bar with a primo sound system and top music, big screen TV, karaoke and drinks at backpackers prices
- En suite bathrooms—almost every room has its own bathroom or shares a bathroom with one other next to it
- Hair salon operated by New Zealand qualified hair designer
- Cafe with excellent budget priced meals
- Internet access computers with ADSL for super-fast access
- Travel shop for all your travel requirements
- 24-hour reception and security cameras for your protection
- Safe luggage storage including lockers where you hold the key
- Automatic laundry with four washers and six dryers open 24 hours
- Located directly opposite Wellington Railway Station where almost all long distance buses arrive and depart, including the free bus to and from the inter-island ferry terminal
Through years of experience the staff at our Wellington hostel know what the world traveller and backpacker wants and can offer you all the facilities you are looking for. The friendly staff at our hostel in Wellington are happy to offer any assistance you may require including wake-up calls, phone and fax services or a post box so you can contact your friends back home. We deliver you comfortable, clean and safe Wellington backpacker hostel accommodation, so you can enjoy your travel.
If you're looking for great value and unique quality budget hostel accommodation, our hostel in Wellington is your best choice.
Wellington City is compact and interesting, nestled between a dramatic harbour and bush clad hills. Great views can be found at the top of Mount Victoria, or by catching the cable car up to the Botanic Gardens.
Downtown Wellington is made up of four quarters – each with their own distinct mix of shopping, cafes, transport, accommodation, Wellington's intense urban experience is unrivalled in the country.
The central city area of Wellington is the place to see performing arts, particularly ballet, theatre and musical performance, plus local cuisine is sophisticated and inventive.
The waterfront has been transformed into a graceful promenade with shops, restaurants, activities and elegant landscaping making it a real drawcard for visitors and locals alike. The new state of the art sports and entertainment stadium is just a short walk away from downtown Wellington.
Right on Wellington's doorstep is a network of walking and biking trails with beautiful wineries and vineyards just a few hours away. The city brims with energy and vitality, and offers an almost overwhelming array of theatre, music, dance, fine arts and galleries and museums.
Hotel Waterloo & Backpackers in Wellington is the perfect base from which to see all the arts, culture, heritage attractions and exciting outdoor action that Wellington has to offer. Whether you want to be outdoors or in, expect to be challenged and stimulated.