Wellington City Hotel, New Zealand
1800 753 379
0800 2 SLEEP
+64 4 499 9500
Address:147 The Terrace
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Introduction
The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is recognised as a true icon of New Zealand's capital city and continues to be the perfect Wellington City hotel for business and leisure travellers, with suites right in the heart of town.
Our hotel accommodation in Wellington is only a short walk to the city's government and corporate offices with direct access to the major shopping precinct of Lambton Quay.
Parliament, Wellington Convention Centre, Westpac Trust Stadium, Te Papa Museum, the Cable Car and Botanical Gardens are all within ten minutes walk of our Wellington City hotel.
You can enhance your stay even further by upgrading to our exclusive Club Lounge, which offers a full gourmet breakfast, evening drinks and business centre with spectacular harbour views from the 26th floor.
Wellington Hotel Accommodation
With a total of 268 well-appointed 4-star-plus rooms, you can experience superior Wellington hotel accommodation with all the modern amenities to provide you with complete comfort.
Features of our Wellington City hotel include:
- Air conditioning
- Direct Dial STD/IDD phones
- Modem connections
- High-speed Internet access
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Sky TV/pay video
- AM/FM radio
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryers
- Non-smoking rooms
- Air conditioning and heating
Wellington City Hotel Facilities
Our hotel in Wellington City also has the following guest facilities:
- Infuse Spa
- Safety deposit boxes
- 24-hour reception and concierge
- Complimentary gymnasium services
- Direct access to Lambton Quay and The Terrace
- Guest car parking
- Business centre
- Express check out
- Laundry services
- Wheelchair access
- Club floor and lounge
- High-speed Internet access
Dining at our Wellington City Hotel
Whitby's buffet restaurant can accommodate 200 guests for smorgasbord breakfast, lunch and dinner. An a la carte dinner menu is also available.
The team of chefs are on-hand to help you create your very own dish prepared specifically from your choice of ingredients on display.
Or you could try Sojourn Café & Bar with its international cuisine, the finest New Zealand wines and excellent service, located on the lobby level.
Conferences and Functions
Conferences – The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor offers a diverse selection of meeting venues, catering from 2 to 240 delegates with stunning city and harbour views of Wellington: eight meeting rooms, packages tailored to suit, experienced team on site, value for money and service excellence.
Our Wellington conference venue offers the following range of facilities and services:
- Air conditioning system with individual room controls
- A choice of rooms with natural daylight and/or harbour views
- State of the art audio visual equipment
- Individual lighting controls
- Function office located on the 16th floor with photocopying and facsimile services available upon request
- Stationary tool box for conference organisers
- Conference room hires includes: iced water for your delegates, pads, pens and mints. A whiteboard, flipchart, lectern, screen & staging are provided complimentary on request.
Weddings – The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is the perfect venue for celebrating your wedding. Our reputation as a highly respected and well-established wedding venue, is built on 30 years of solid experience.
We pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of service and attention to detail, allowing you to relax and enjoy your special day. Your entire wedding can be catered for under one roof, as the ceremony can also be held on site.