High Country Experience, Queenstown, New Zealand
0800 264 536
+64 3 441 1137
Address:St Omer Wharf
110 Beach Street
Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise
Cruise into untouched wilderness on our Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise to discover Lake Wakatipu's hidden gem - Mt Nicholas. Sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery of The Remarkables mountain range and up the lake towards Glenorchy township. Take panoramic photos from our open-top viewing deck accompanied by a lively and informative commentary from your skipper.
Why choose a Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise?
- Queenstown's longest lake cruise; cruise further and see more of Lake Wakatipu
- Spectacular views of the Southern Alps
- Stop at Bob's Cove to view flora and fauna up close
- Large, tall viewing windows and comfortable indoor seating
- Spacious outdoor decks with panoramic 360-degree views
- Have your photo taken with the skipper in the open wheelhouse
- Enjoy a snack or refreshing beverage from our on board cafe
Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
This is an exclusive behind-the-scenes visit to a truly authentic, family-run merino sheep farm that produces the highest quality wool for world-renowned Icebreaker clothing company. Depart from the centre of Queenstown and cruise across Lake Wakatipu on board Spirit of Queenstown to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm. Soak up the tranquility of this stunning area as you take in panoramic views while visiting one of New Zealand's most rugged and remote high country farms.
Why choose a Mt Nicholas Farm Experience?
- Cruise over Lake Wakatipu to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm with spectacular views up the lake to Glenorchy and the Southern Alps
- Join your guide on a tour of the farm, in a stunning mountain location on the lake edge
- Follow the journey of merino wool in a fun, interactive and hands-on environment - from mustering through to the creation of Icebreaker clothing
- Visit sheep yards to watch sheep being moved by the farm guide and dog
- Meet working animals used on the farm and learn about daily family life
- Afternoon tea including homemade pikelets
Station 2 Station Cycle Trail
Travel between Mt Nicholas and Walter Peak Stations (high country farms) located on the western shores of Lake Wakatipu as you cycle along a quiet country road through open farm land and stunning scenery.
Experience the panoramic alpine views looking towards the Southern Alps and Glenorchy, and The Remarkables mountain range. On arrival at Walter Peak, choose from a BBQ lunch inclusion or a visit to the homestead before boarding the TSS Earnslaw vintage steamship for the return cruise back to Queenstown.
Why choose the Station 2 Station Cycle Trail?
- Perfect half day, independent cycling trip experiencing all that Queenstown has to offer
- Quiet back country road through gentle, rolling terrain
- Cruise to Mt Nicholas on Spirit of Queenstown and return from Walter Peak on TSS Earnslaw
- Cycle map and water bottle included
- Optional bike hire
- Optional BBQ lunch at Walter Peak
Queenstown, known as the 'Adventure Capital of New Zealand', is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country.
situated in the south-west of the South Island, Queenstown is built on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and surrounded by beautiful mountains including The Remarkables, Cecil Peak, Walter Peak, Ben Lomond and Queenstown Hill. Queenstown is 483km from Christchurch – a scenic five and a half hour drive away or fifty minute flight.