Milford Sound Observatory, Cruise & Kayak, Milford Sound, Fiordland, New Zealand
0800 264 536
+64 3 441 1137
Address:St Omer Wharf
110 Beach Street
Cruise & Kayak Milford Sound
Double the adventure with our Cruise & Kayak Milford Sound experience! This trip includes a Milford Sound cruise, entry to the Milford Discovery Centre & Underwater Observatory and 1 hour of kayaking around sheltered Harrison Cove. Kayak through crystal clear waters in one of the most majestic places in the world.
Great reasons to visit the Milford Discovery Centre
- Immerse yourself in the ultimate, all-inclusive Milford package - above, on and below the water
- Choose from our Scenic, Encounter Nature or Discover More Cruises
- Visit the Milford Discovery Centre & Underwater Observatory
- Intimate, up-close, kayak experience with spectacular views of the Pembroke Glacier
- Includes all equipment and clothing, safety briefing and a specialist kayak and nature guide
- Automated lift for easy entry and exit from the kayaks
- Suitable for all experience levels, no previous kayaking experience necessary
- Double kayaks available which are perfect for families. Minimum child age is 4 years
- Winter Special - lunch included on all trips
Milford Deep Underwater Observatory
Life beneath Fiordland waters is truly unique. Milford Deep Underwater Observatory allows visitors to gain a spectacular insight into the Marine Reserve's rare and beautiful underwater world.
Descend 10 metres underwater into a spacious viewing chamber, with uninterrupted 360-degree views of the ocean. Learn how this extraordinary underwater observatory was constructed and why the location is so unique. Immerse yourself in a mysterious undersea world and encounter the extraordinary rare Black Coral, 300-year-old coral trees and colourful sea creatures that teem just below the surface.
Combine your observatory trip with a Milford Sound cruise for the ultimate experience.
How to get to the Milford Discovery Centre
Simply add it to your Southern Discoveries Cruise.
Purchase a Milford Discovery Pass. Add it to a cruise booked with Real Journeys, Cruize Milford or Mitre Peak Cruises.
Southern Discoveries Milford Sound Cruises
Join Southern Discoveries on a Scenic, Encounter or Discover More Milford Sound cruise. Whether you want to get up close to nature and feel the force of Stirling Falls, or take it a bit more leisurely, we have a range of cruises to suit every timeframe and budget.
Encounter Nature Cruise
The intimate way to experience nature in Milford Sound. Our small nature boat gets you within touching distance of the natural features of this majestic fiord.
The most relaxing way to experience a Milford Sound cruise. Marvel at the power and splendour of Stirling Falls as the spray hits the front deck of one of our modern, spacious catamarans.
Discover More Cruise
Get closer, for longer on our great value, all-inclusive Discover More Milford Sound Cruise. On the longest daytime cruise in Milford Sound, you'll go further, see more and learn more.