Scenic Flights in New Zealand
Flightseeing in New Zealand offers a breathtaking perspective to some of New Zealand's amazing sights. You'll find a variety of awesome landscapes in New Zealand, all within easy reach of each other. Spectacular glaciers, picturesque fiords, rugged mountains, vast plains, rolling hillsides, subtropical forest, volcanic plateau, miles of coastline with gorgeous sandy beaches - New Zealand's geography has it all!
Whether you're flightseeing in New Zealand in a light aircraft, amphibian, ski plane or helicopter, the view from above is unforgettable. New Zealand scenic flights are a great way to see the incredible contrast in landscapes or close-ups of spectacular mountain ranges.
Scenic flights in New Zealand are available to destinations all around the country, including:
- White Island and the dormant crater of Mount Tarawera in the Rotorua/Bay of Plenty region.
- Mt Cook and its neighbouring peaks are simply breathtaking. Take the opportunity to land on one of the nearby glaciers and walk through a silent white world surrounded by towering mountains.
- Fiordland with its towering peaks, deep valleys and plunging waterfalls offer magnificent flying senery.
- Queenstown, named because '...it was fit for Queen Victoria' is blessed with some of the world's most exquisite geography. Queenstown offers a fantastic selection of scenic delights including the shores of Lake Wakatipu and the majestic Remarkables Range.
- Nelson is known for its glittering gold sand beaches, turquoise water and spectacular ocean views.
Click here to view tourism operators for scenic flights in New Zealand.