Whangarei Regional Information
You will never be short of things to see and do in Whangarei – You can enjoy stunning natural features such as the Whangarei Falls as well as fine arts and great food.
Whangarei is the regional capital of the Northland region and also the northernmost city in New Zealand.
In Whangarei you can enjoy a sub-tropical climate, with mild winters and warm summers – perfect for all water sports, including surfing, boating, game fishing, sailing and diving.
Whangarei and the area around the town offers a number of attractions, of which highlights include:
- The scenic Whangarei Falls
- Town Basin with it's cafes, restaurants, shops, art galleries and museums
- Walks in the Parahiki Scenic Reserve
- Relaxing at Matapouri Bay and Sandy Bay
- Diving the Poor Knights Islands
Whangarei offers a wide range of places to stay, from five-star resort hotels to holiday parks, motels and self-contained apartments.
Whangarei is a popular tourist destination and offers a wide range of accommodation options:
- Whangarei Motels
- Whangarei Hotels
- Whangarei Bed and Breakfasts
- Whangarei Campsites and Holiday Parks
View more Whangarei Accommodation options.
Useful Whangarei Links
To help plan your Whangarei holiday choose from the main categories below:
- Whangarei Accommodation
- Whangarei Tours
- Whangarei Attractions and Activities
- Whangarei Transport
- Whangarei Visitor Information