National Jazz Festival in Tauranga, New Zealand
Each year the National Jazz Festival is held in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty.
By whatever means you use to get to the festival, once there, you’ll find a wonderful line up of New Zealand and international jazz musicians ready to entertain you. Top acts include the award-winning, The Blind Boys of Alabama and local favourites, Kokomo, Bay Dixie, Woody Woodhouse Connection and BBC. All this, plus exciting new performances featuring artists such as Florian Ross (a jazz pianist with rave reviews) and the TV3 Jazz Village.
View more about the National Jazz Festival and tickets information.
National Jazz Festival Highlights
- Jazz Village – An amazing re-creation of a New Orleans style village, designed to mimic the famous French Quarter, will be packed with jazz bands, tap dancers, jam sessions and food stalls.
- Children’s Entertainment – The kids can get hands-on involvement with jazz music workshops with instruments and demonstrations available throughout the day.
- Downtown Carnival – Featuring the first Māori jazz stage, where talented Māori jazz musicians blend traditional Māori instruments and language to create a truly unique sound.
- The Sebel Trinity Wharf Jazz Riverboat – Tour the harbour and enjoy the onboard jazz band and canapés.
National Jazz Festival Accommodation in Tauranga
If you extend your stay in Tauranga, you’ll find that this lovely port city offers visitors a wealth of activities and attractions to enjoy including: climbing the famous former Māori pa (the 232-metre high Mount Maunganui), soaking in local hot pools, going dolphin watching, taking scenic flights or simply relaxing with a great coffee and watching the world go by.
View Tauranga accommodation choices below:
- Tauranga Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
- Tauranga Backpacker and Budget Accommodation
- Tauranga Motel Accommodation
All accommodation can be viewed and booked online.
View more accommodation choices.