Oamaru Farmstay Accommodation, New Zealand
+64 3 436 0200
+64 27 222 1119
Glenmac Farmstay Introduction
Glenmac is an Oamaru farmstay on a 1,583 hectare high country merino sheep and beef cattle farm situated in the picturesque Waitaki Valley, 45 minutes inland from Oamaru and 15 kilometres from the small country town of Kurow.
Kaye and Keith extend a warm welcome to visitors at their Oamaru farmstay accommodation and enjoy providing them with the experience of living with a friendly farming family on a typical New Zealand high country farm.
Visitors stay in our Oamaru farmstay with the hosts and enjoy delicious home cooked meals and country hospitality.
Rooms Available at our Oamaru Farmstay
- One room with en suite—double and single bed, dinner, bed and
- One room with double and single bed—shared bathroom, dinner, bed and breakfast
- One room with queen bed—shared bathroom, dinner, bed and breakfast
- One twin room—shared bathroom, dinner, bed and breakfast (these rooms are in the homestead)
- Children under 13 years are half price
- Electric blankets and heater in rooms
- Delicious home cooked meals—substantial with plenty of choice, Continental or cooked breakfast
- Meals are served with your hosts Kaye and Keith
- Lunch available
Oamaru Farmstay Campervan Park and Tent Sites
At our Oamaru backpackers farmstay accommodation we have three power points for campervans and plenty of scope for you to put your tent. Shower, toilet and full kitchen available for your use. Enjoy meals with the family if you feel like time off cooking. A variety of magazines and books will help you to relax in the evenings at this Oamaru backpackers accommodation.
During your stay at our Oamaru farmstay we can arrange for horse riding, fishing, four wheel driving, golf, hire a mountain bike or you can take advantage of the tracks and walkways available in the area, or explore the surrounding district.
Self-Contained Backpackers Accommodation in Oamaru
Our comfortable backpackers hostel at our Oamaru farmstay accommodation has beds for nine, all linen is supplied and a full kitchen for your use. The gas heater at our Oamaru backpackers farmstay ensures that you are kept warm and spare blankets are available in case the nights turn chilly.
Meals with the family are available if you feel like time off cooking. Magazines, books, cards and a TV will help you to relax in the evenings at our Oamaru backpackers farmstay.
Features of our Oamaru farmstay backpackers accommodation:
- TV lounge
- Full kitchen
- Gas heating
- All linen supplied
- 24-hour access
- Meals available
- One single bedroom
- One triple bedroom
- Dorm room—five beds
- Suitable for families, individuals or groups
Attractions at our Oamaru Farmstay
At our Oamaru farmstay accommodation:
- Table tennis and darts
- Farm tour by four-wheel-drive
- Hand feed pet sheep
- Sheep dog display
- Sheep shearing (by arrangement)
- Tramping – challenging day tramps on our Oamaru farmstay! Explore the hills and river valleys following well-defined tracks. Perhaps take lunch and make a day of it or just enjoy a short stroll. The views are fantastic!
Attractions in the area near our Oamaru backpackers farmstay:
- Visit lakes and hydro power stations
- Walkways close by
- Jet boat rides
- Fishing – fly or spinner, trout or salmon, guide available
- Penguins – blue and yellow-eyed penguins in Oamaru, a 45-minute drive
- Fossil trail – newly up and running with info centre in Duntroon
- Visit local schools, museums, gardens
- Gold panning
- Victorian Festival in Oamaru mid-November
- Kurow Festival from 28th December
Distances to other towns
Mt Cook: 2 hours
Dunedin: 2 hours
Christchurch: 3.5 hours
Queenstown: 3 hours