Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools, New Zealand
0800 442 663
+64 3 315 0000
Address:42 Amuri Ave
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa Introduction
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa is situated in the unique alpine village of Hanmer Springs, just a 90-minute drive north of Christchurch. Hanmer Springs is a year round holiday destination offering a variety of outdoor activities, great cafés and accommodation.
PRESS RELEASE – Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa voted number one
Its official – Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa is the best thing about New Zealand.
The Canterbury complex, in the heart of the Hanmer Springs village, has come in at the top of the AA Tourism's latest 101 Must-Do's list.
Hanmer Springs thermal pools have been attracting visitors for over 125 years seeking the benefits of its natural heated mineral waters, crisp mountain air and uplifting environment.
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pool & Spa is at the heart of the village.
Hanmer Springs remains a truly authentic New Zealand holiday destination, where rest and relaxation rule.
Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa
Awarded “Best Visitor Attraction” at the 2004, 2005 and 2006 New Zealand Tourism Awards, the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa is an all weather attraction open 364 days a year (closed only on Christmas Day).
Come rain or shine, the Hanmer Springs thermal pools are always warm and crystal clear. A year-round destination, each season brings with it a new experience and plenty of choice for all.
Recreational bathing has always played a part at the Hanmer Springs thermal pools but other activities, such as the recuperation of soldiers and relief for the arthritic and disabled, have had a major role in its history.
For those wishing to make their stay an overnight one, the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa are situated in the heart of town. Overnight packages for a range of accommodation types are available, as are family passes and concession cards to the pools.
Specialising in luxurious skin, body, and massage therapies, The Spa at Hanmer Springs offers the ultimate in personal pampering and relaxation from a stunning new complex.
It is advisable to book in advance for weekends and during school holidays as the Hanmer Springs hot pools are a popular spot for locals during these times.
Facilities at Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools
The facilities of Hanmer Springs thermal pools include:
- 12 open air thermal pools ranging in temperature from 33–40°C
- Three sulphur pools 40–42°C
- NEW! Three eight-metre AquaTherapy pools
- NEW! Freshwater, heated swimming pool with "resort style" walk-in beach access and a Lazy River
- NEW! SuperBowl ride - riders enjoy centrifugal forces keeping them high on the wall for several turns that ends with a drop through an enclosed finishing flume into the splashdown pool
- 25-metre freshwater pool with two waterslides
- Family activity area, waterslides and NEW AquaPlay area
- Private sauna and steam rooms
- Six private thermal pools
- Picnic area and café with bar facilities
- Massage and beauty treatments
- Disabled facilities including aqualift available and beach access pool
- Open daily from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm (closed Christmas Day)
About Hanmer Springs
New Zealand's Alpine Spa Village.
The outdoors beckon when you visit this picturesque alpine village. Dining and enjoying the idyllic slow moving village streets remain the most popular activities undertaken by our nearly 750,000 visitors.
Excursions into the forests for picnics, walks of discovery, or hiking and mountain biking, are also very popular and very accessible throughout the village.
It is the mix of mountains, rivers, forests and thermal waters which give Hanmer Springs its very appealing character.