Northland Nature Tours, New Zealand
0800 288 882
+64 9 434 3867
Address:Poor Knights Dive Centre
Perfect Day Ocean Cruise Introduction
This recipe for a Perfect Day Ocean Cruise cannot be matched anywhere!
Join us on one of our Northland nature tours, taking a relaxing ocean cruise to beautiful Poor Knights Islands.
Discover breathtaking scenery with sea arches, sea caves, sea stacks and sheltered harbours on our boat cruises in Northland.
Our boat, Perfect Day, is incredibly well fitted-out, with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating, upstairs viewing, plenty of facilities and the fabulous 'fish cam' feeding live underwater shots right into the boat.
Whilst at the Poor Knights Islands we take you on a tour to show you their splendour, including a visit right inside the world's largest sea cave.
Enjoy our free coffee and soups, eat the delicious buffet lunch that is included in your fare, paddle in our kayaks around arches and caves.
Northland Nature Tours Features
Our Perfect Day nature tours in Northland feature:
- Breathtaking Scenery – With sea arches, sea caves, sea stacks and sheltered harbours.
- Marine Mammals – The Perfect Day cruise is often accompanied by dolphins and, in season there may be whales, seals and even orca!
- Sea Birds – Gannet colonies, breeding grounds of rare seabirds including ternlets, and Buller's shearwater.
- Unique Flora – The only home of the colourful Poor Knights Lily.
- History Hear the tumultuous and tragic Maori history that makes this place so spiritual.
- Great food – Fresh platters to suit all tastes, free teas, coffees and snacks.
- Kayaks – We provide kayaks you can paddle around caves and arches and among myriad fish.
- Swim or Relax – You can swim off our specially designed platform in the middle of a Marine Reserve, masks and snorkels provided. Or if you feel less active there are multiple decks on which to relax, eat, sunbathe, or you can sit inside in air-conditioned comfort whilst watching marine interaction videos.
Northland Nature Tours Information
Perfect Day Ocean Cruise operates boats 364-days-a-year to the Poor Knights Islands, we need to see you at 10:45 am on the morning of your day with us, and we will return to the harbour at 4:00 pm that day.
Our peak season runs from December through to April and we need to have at least a days notice to avoid booking disappointment.
Our guides will take no more than three buddy pairs in a group snorkelling and we can always assure small numbers and personalised service.
All your snorkel gear is included in your fare and towels are available for hire. Bring your swimwear, towel, and a warm change of clothing.
About the Poor Knights Islands
Twenty three kilometres off New Zealand's Tutukaka Coast and washed by warm currents swept South from the Coral Sea, the Poor Knights Islands are an international icon.
A total Marine Reserve and Nature Reserve – and pending World Heritage Site – the 11 million year old islands' volcanic origins provide myriad spectacular drop offs, walls, caves, arches and tunnels.
Above and below water, the Poor Knights Islands are abundantly populated with unique and incredibly varied plant, animal and fish life.
Laying claim to an astounding Maori history and the world's largest sea cave (and only living dinosaur and largest insect) the remarkable Poor Knights thoroughly deserve their protected status.
The following features, memberships and organisations are associated with Perfect Day Ocean Cruise: