Why Choose Cheap Car Rental in New Zealand?
If you want to see as much of New Zealand as possible, using a cheap car rental to get around is an ideal touring option.
Why can a Cheap Car Rental in New Zealand be better than than an organised tour?
By following our tips for getting a cheap car rental deal, you may find that using a rental vehicle is not as expensive as you first think. Using a rental car is a much safer travel option than hitch-hiking, it's more comfortable than backpacking and best of all, you can travel from Cape Reinga at the top of the North Island to Bluff way down in the South, at your own pace in your own style.
Touring around New Zealand using car rentals rather than public transport or privately booked tours offers travellers a number of advantages including:
- Bringing more than one backpack
- Stopping where and when you want to
- Enjoying no time-limits or restrictions on your sightseeing (beyond getting the car back to its return point)
- Savouring independent rather than 'pack travelling' in groups
- Saving money on accommodation costs by choosing where you stay
- Meeting New Zealand's locals or other travellers.
Finding Cheap Car Rental in New Zealand
It is easy to book a rental car in New Zealand. Simply browse our range of rental cars by choosing one of the options below.
You may be interested in a form of transport in New Zealand other than a rental car. Browse our range of transport options including airlines, bus and coach services, rental 4WD, minivan and buses, rental campervans and motorhomes, rental bikes and motorcycles and trains.
View more frequently asked questions about cheap car rentals in New Zealand.