Blenheim enjoys year-round sunshine and diverse landscape. The region is conducive to an easy-going lifestyle and an excellent range of recreational activities.
Blenheim Activity Highlights Overview
Blenheim is a sunny place where you can do a lot or just relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. Tour one of the many local vineyards and wineries, explore the arts and crafts of the town centre, or join a guided tour, the choice is yours!
Savour the Flavours of Wine Country
Blenheim is the base to begin your explorations of Marlborough's wineries.
- Tour the wineries and breweries with a guide, so you won't have to worry about driving
- Lunch alfresco amongst the vines - many wineries have a cafe or restaurant
- Follow the art and craft trail to see a thriving creative community in action
- Visit a distillery and see how it's done - taste locally produced fruit brandies and liqueurs
Find a Fresh Country Adventure
There's more to Blenheim than wine!
- Enjoy a high country horse trekking trip
- Explore private gardens open for viewing
- Local museums and restored heritage homes illustrate the early history of the region
- Find out about fly-fishing and hunting tours
- In summer you can do a guided tour of Molesworth Station, a high country farm. View the grandeur and beauty of the mountainous high country
- Take a walk in Wither Hills Farm Park - great views over Marlborough and the Wairau Plains
- Visit an orchard for seasonal fruit, in particular Marlborough cherries (December - January)
- Art galleries offer ever changing exhibitions of local and national artists
- Take a river cruise along the traditional trading route used by the early settlers
- Visit the Alpaca and Llamas just out of Koromiko
Soak Up the Scenery of the Marlborough Sounds
Just a short drive from Blenheim are the beautiful Marlborough Sounds. (A sound is a valley drowned by the sea—forest and water merge to create a dramatic coastal landscape.) The Marlborough Sounds are composed of three sounds: Queen Charlotte Sound, Kenepuru Sound and Pelorus Sound.
- Arrive by sea through the glorious maze of deep coves and bays of Queen Charlotte Sound. Fine restaurants and accommodation lodges beckon
- Explore the town of Picton. European settlement of this area began in the 1840s and many of the early buildings still grace the waterfront
- Go on a sea kayaking safari - guide yourself or join a group
- Walk the Queen Charlotte Track (three - four days) - a popular walkway with many entry and exit points and numerous top class resorts and accommodation providers along its length
- Visit the Edwin Fox, a maritime artifact, situated in Picton
- Dive shipwrecks - the Russian cruise liner Mikhail Lermontov and the wreck of the Hippalos, a 120-year old wooden barque
- Charter a sailing boat and cruise the Sounds - skippers can be hired
Blenheim is a popular tourist destination and offers a wide range of accommodation options:
View more Blenheim Accommodation options.
Useful Blenheim Links
To help plan your Blenheim holiday choose from the main categories below:
- Blenheim Accommodation
- Blenheim Tours
- Blenheim Attractions and Activities
- Blenheim Transport
- Blenheim Dining
- Blenheim Shopping
- Blenheim Visitor Information
Blenheim Region Information
Key information and facts about the Blenheim region.
Major activities and attractions in the Blenheim region.